Skip to content

Programs : Brochure

This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
  • Locations: Linz, Austria
  • Program Terms: Academic Year, Fall, Spring
  • Homepage: Click to visit
  • Restrictions: UC applicants only
Dates / Deadlines:
Dates / Deadlines:
Term Year App Deadline Decision Date Start Date End Date
Fall 2019 03/15/2019
Rolling Admission 09/09/2019 12/20/2019
NOTE: Exchange programs are competitive and students must complete certain steps before beginning an application. Students should work closely with a study abroad adviser before applying.
Academic Year 2019-2020 03/15/2019
Rolling Admission TBA TBA
Spring 2020 10/15/2019 ** Rolling Admission 02/11/2020 06/28/2020

** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.

Indicates that deadline has passed
Fact Sheet:
Fact Sheet:
Program Type Detailed: UC Exchange Program - Outgoing Program Type General: Exchange
Level of Study: Undergraduate Academic Theme: Business
Credit Offered: Transfer Credit Minimum GPA: 3
Language Courses Offered: Yes Language of Instruction: English, German
Click here for a definition of this term Language Prerequisite: No Housing Options: Residence Hall
Program Advisor: Varies by major - contact
Program Description:

Program OverviewLinz Hallstadt

Johannes Kepler University (JKU) is the largest academic institution in the federal  state of Upper Austria. The university offers a range of business courses taught in English. The semester is 14 weeks long  and students take 15 credit hours. In mid-September students begin with a 3- week intensive beginning German language course to give  basic communication skills. Beginning in October, students take business classes, taught in English, while continuing with their German language. A UC Lindner College of Business professor lives and teaches in Linz while our students there.  During the semester, many students take advantage of Austria's central location to travel on the weekends.


Return to top

LocationLinz city

The City
Linz (population 203,000), the provincial capital of Upper Austria, straddles the Danube and is about two hours by train west of Vienna and two hours east of Salzburg. The city dates to Roman settlers who valued its strategic location – a recurrent theme in the history of Linz. It is Austria's third largest city and has a strong manufacturing base (steel and chemicals) and arts history. The city has an outstanding neo-Gothic cathedral and the center of the city features a variety of Baroque and Rococo architecture. Linz briefly played home to Mozart, but is best known among classical music lovers as the home of Anton Bruckner. It provides an ideal location to visit diverse business and cultural sites in Austria.
For more information on Austria visit:


Return to top

Who Can Participate?

All Lindner/UC students who are currently in their junior or senior year: Lindner tudents must have completed their sophomore core business classes. Applicants must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher in the Lindner College of Business.

Return to top

Academic Program and Course Information

Academic Courses:   Course descriptions
Course Credit: INTB 5002-5007 Study Abroad Linz for 15– 18 credit hours
Language:  Business courses taught in English, Beginning German is required for 3-6  credits

One of the most important preparations before going abroad is academic planning.  Students receiving transfer credit from outside institutions (exchange or external) will need prior approval to bring that credit back to UC and be registered for the appropriate study abroad course. Please refer to the UC International webpage for more information.

Return to top

Living Arrangements

Students live in the RaabHeim residence hall and have the option of sharing a room with an Austrian or international student. Visit for more information.

Return to top

Getting There

Transportation: Students are responsible for their own round trip airfare between home and Austria. Students may want to purchase a Eurail pass to travel throughout Europe during the semester or purchase no-frills airline tickets.

Return to top

Program Costs

International Airfare @$1400
Eurail pass (optional) 15 day flexi @$710
Housing @$1000
Meals @$1500
Student Union fee to Linz $20
Austrian student health insurance $150
Passport $135
International Student ID $25
TOTAL @$4940 + UC Full-Time Semester Tuition

Return to top

UC Financial Aid and Scholarships

Grants:  UC International Programs offers student grants ranging from $500-$1200 based on an on-line proposal. To apply (deadline June 15) go to

Scholarships: Lindner International Programs awards $400 scholarships to accepted business students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher at the end of spring semester.
Note: You are also responsible for paying your UC full-time semester tuition.

For full details on using your financial aid to help pay for your study abroad experience, you should contact UC Financial Aid.

UC International awarded over $800,000 in student grants last year. Please refer to the UC International webpage for more information.

Return to top

Passports and Visas

A valid passport is essential to your international travel and study abroad. If you are planning to travel abroad, its best to apply for a passport now as processing times may vary. Please see the State Department's passport page for more information.

In order to obtain country-specific visa instructions and resources, refer to your host country’s embassy web page. One way to access visa information is the US Department of State’s country information page  

UC International is happy to guide UC faculty, staff and students to possible resources about visas for study abroad. Although, applying for the necessary visa for travel is the responsibility of the individual UC traveler. Entry requirements change frequently and we advise you to pay close attention to consular updates. It is your responsibility to knowing and addressing the requirements for your host study abroad destination.

Applying for a visa can be a complicated process. Some UC travelers choose to third party to assist with this process, for example Travisa or A Briggs (mention UC for a possible discount).

Return to top

Health and Safety Abroad

UC International is committed to student and faculty safety while abroad. The following are a few resources for travel abroad.

UC faculty, students and staff are responsible for their own health and safety abroad. The US Department of StateCenters for Disease Control Prevention (CDC)and International SOS are excellent resources for country specific information.

UC partners with International SOS medical and security advice. UC code is 11BCAS000010

UC students, faculty and staff can utilize International SOS in the following ways:

  • Sign up to receive email alerts for medical and security information, customizable to various locations abroad
  • Read about travel health information with medical advice, food and water safety, and cultural tips
  • Explore travel security with personal safety tips and travel risk ratings for locations abroad

UC faculty, students and staff traveling abroad should register their travel abroad through the US Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)in case of an emergency abroad.

All UC students participating in a University of Cincinnati sanctioned or funded international travel program are required to purchase and maintain insurance while abroad. UC International partners with CISI to provide insurance for UC students.

Return to top

Contacts for More Information

Lee Armstrong Ryan Meyer
Associate Director Assistant Director
Lindner International Programs UC International Programs, UC
203 Lindner Hall, College of Business One Edwards Center, Room 3134
513-556-7081 513-556-0395

Return to top